69. Cleaning Up the Routes
- The Rails Guides web page for routing is a great way to dive deeper into how URLs and HTTP work in a Rails web app.
- The resources :contacts line of code in the routes file is overkill.
- We can simplify it by adding a bit of code to it.
- This way, our site only uses the URLs and routes that we need.
- Even though there are 4 main HTTP verbs: GET, POST, PUT, DELETE and 4 corresponding REST actions Read, Create, Update, Delete, Rails allows us to do 7 things with our resources (most of them are additional variations of GET/Read).
... resources :contacts, only: :create get 'contact-us', to: 'contacts#new', as: 'new_contact' ...
git status git add . git commit -m "Cleaned up contact form routes" git push origin contact_form