1. Important - Read First!
DevMatch: A Real-World Project with Professional Guidance
- DevMatch is an app where entrepreneurs and developers can meet. The app will include a user interface, login/logout system (i.e. authentication), email notifications, subscription payments for premium services, and more. You will learn how to build all of this into an application, using code. Re-watch the very first video in the course to get a visual overview of the app.
- FYI - sites built with the languages you will learn in this course include: Twitter, Groupon, Airbnb, Hulu, IndieGogo, Fiverr, Bloomberg, Kickstarter, LivingSocial, Lumosity, ThemeForest, UrbanDictionary, Github, Zendesk, and many more.
- You can use 100% of the code at DevMatch to start your own online store or business since the app is full of many useful features that would serve well as a starter app that you can customize for your own needs.
- You should put DevMatch in your portfolio and resume when applying for jobs, to show the breadth of the skills learned from this project.
- You do not have to make any additional purchases to complete this course. All materials that are provided or that you are directed to are free of charge.
- You MUST watch the videos in order – don't skip. The material builds upon each video.
- You must complete all of the videos and write all of the code to get the most value - it will take time, but it will be worth it!
- Some lectures will include
code snippets. While you should type all of the code out yourself as you progress, if you get unexpected results, try copying and pasting the snippets as needed in case you have typos. 99% of the time, errors students run into are caused by typos that are easy to miss! This is the nature of coding.
- There is an eBook available to you near the end of the course that contains information that will help you find paid full-time or freelance work.
- Most of all, have fun and get excited! You're about to learn life-changing skills!