11. SSH Keys Will Link Cloud9 to GitHub
In this video, note the alert at 3:12 to ensure your Github link is set to SSH mode.
- Our Cloud9 virtual computer (the IDE) contains a set of SSH keys - a long string of text and numbers that is unique to our computer.
- We'll copy and paste them to GitHub so that GitHub can identify and "talk to" our Cloud9 virtual computer.
Copy the output to your SSH keys page in your Github settings.
- We'll commence our first code deployment to GitHub where we will host a backup of our codebase.
- Remember that your GitHub account is sort of like a résumé for when you're seeking work opportunities.
- It is a site for hosting and sharing a copy of your raw code with collaborators and employers.
(Make sure you are in your application directory. Use the cd commands.)(Make sure you are in your application directory. Use the cd commands.) git remote add origin [email protected]:your_git_username/upskill_saas_tutorial.git git remote git remote -v git push origin master